melbourne - A university in Melbourne was evacuated on Saturday because of a striking smell. More than 500 students and teachers were evacuated. Initially, a gas leak was thought, eventually it turned out to be spoiled fruit.
A tropical fruit, a durian, turned out to be the culprit. The fruit, about the size of a coconut, is known for its sharp, smelly smell.
The fruit is originally from Southeast Asia and gives off such a strong odor that it is prohibited in several public places in that region.
The fire department finally discovered the rotting doerian in a cabinet in the university library of the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT). The smell could spread through the air conditioning system.
Invalid email address. Please fill in again.
Unsubscribe with 1 click