izegem - The management of the affected slaughterhouse Verbist says to be shocked by seeing the images of heavy animal abuse within the company.
'Some of these images can not be overlooked. Of course we are shocked by ourselves. We take this very seriously and we will do everything we can to ensure that this is no longer possible in the future, 'said Louis Verbist, manager at the slaughterhouse, in a written response.
READ ALSO: New horror images from Belgian slaughterhouse
According to him, the slaughterhouse would receive a 'review' before the end of the year. 'The management has decided to work on this immediately. The management is now doing everything possible to manage the situation with the employees, customers and other stakeholders, and will therefore not provide further interviews for the time being. '
Remarkably, manager Verbist (73) denied earlier in the newspaper The Last News all accusations. 'We are slaughtered in a correct way and sick animals do not come in. I invite you to come and see what's happening to us. We will be happy to guide you. '
The Belgian Minister of Animal Welfare, Ben Weyts, ordered Tuesday to close the slaughterhouse immediately. Whether it is temporary or forever is not yet known.