- A heart-warming photo shows the moment that 83-year-old Ali Mese closes his kitten in his arms after his house has been burnt to the ground. The fire started on Friday when the man spilled petrol during the lighting of his wood stove.
Firefighters managed to save one of the Turkish man's cats from the fire, but the wooden house where Ali lived with his family did not survive. This is how The Sun reports. The picture on which Ali cuddles the kitten named Sarikz ('blonde girl') passes the whole world.
A day after the fire, Ali was discharged from the hospital in Ordy province in Turkey, where he was treated to burns he had sustained. A spokesman for President Erdogan said that the man would be looked after. 'We will keep him and his cat warm,' said the spokesperson.
As a temporary solution, Ali has now been offered a property by the Bolu Social Aid.