jakarta - At least 28 people have died in the Indonesian capital Jakarta after drinking a homemade alcoholic drink. They had bought them from a street shop. According to the police, the victims first complained of nausea after which they lost their lives within one or two days.
According to local media, the police now arrested a man who would have put the toxic drink into circulation. In Indonesia, brewing your own beverage is lucrative because beer, wine and stronger drinks are relatively expensive. In addition, methanol is often used that can have a toxic effect.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs warns in its travel advice for Indonesia of the danger of locally fired arak, a rice wine diluted with methanol. 'Do not drink a locally-fired rack in Indonesia,' says the department, which points to dozens of deaths that have already been covered by the consumption of locally-fired arrays.
Invalid email address. Please fill in again.
Unsubscribe with 1 click