salses-le-château - During the search for a missing 'Famous Belgian', the adventurer Marc Sluszny, a diver has died. This confirms the rescue services to Het Nieuwsblad. The operation was so risky that even the Sluszny family was reluctant to ask for help- and now it turns out why.
Eighteen professional divers started a search for the Antwerp citizen on Monday (56). Earlier, authorities in Perpignan had said that no search would be organized because the risk of accidents was too great.
Sluszny disappeared on June 28 during a diving trip in the Font Estramar, often called 'the Himalayas of the dive caves'. His body was not found. His family had already indicated that they only saw a search if the safety of everyone could be guaranteed.
The deceased diver was affiliated with the organization Spéléo Secours Français (SSF). The body could be recovered. 'This is the most dramatic outcome you can imagine', says Filip Van Vlem, a good friend of Sluszny who follows the situation in southern France from Belgium. 'It was already a drama, now the curse seems complete. '
The search was immediately shut down. The chance seems small that there is still a new action.
Invalid email address. Please fill in again.
Unsubscribe with 1 click