Canada enters X as a gender indication

Canada enters X as a gender indication

World August 25, 2017 16:18

ottawa - Canadians can soon indicate on their passport that they are transgender. Instead of the usual M (male) or F (female), X can also be chosen.

That's what immigration minister Ahmed Hussen said, said the Canadian news site CBCNEWS.

When the X is entered is not yet clear. First, all government documents and forms need to be modified.

At the end of this month, the Canadian Immigration Service implements a temporary measure, which allows immigrants or refugees to identify themselves as transgender.

Leave a comment

The is not responsible for the content of external sites.


Back to Top