brussels - The terror threat in Brussels last weekend was so severe that authorities decided to act immediately. This allowed but escaped terrorist Salah Abdeslam.
Security sources say at Het Laatste Nieuws that mail traffic between jihadists was intercepted in which concrete plans were discussed for an attack in Brussels as a week earlier in Paris. The planned attack was discussed in tapped phone calls. The plans were confirmed by undercover officers and suspects.
The communication indicated that there were multiple attacks on Monday simultaneously in Brussels, where " many victims, " should fall.
" As the government not only wanted to put human life at risk, had the courts do intervene. Hence the hasty raids ", said a security source told the newspaper. " Everyone knew that the police would not find the hard core of the terrorist cell, because at that time they were not yet at their base in Brussels. There was no margin left to wait. We opted for the safest solution. "
The result was that there are three people are picked up, and that there is no explosives or weapons have been found. Therefore, the fear remains that there is an attack will take place.