UNICEF: Millions of children in Congo are at risk

UNICEF: Millions of children in Congo are at risk

World April 21, 2017 11:15

KINSHASA - Millions of children are at risk from the violent crisis in the Congolese region of Kasaï. An estimated 1.5 million children are already suffering seriously. If the situation does not improve quickly, all 6 million children in the area can be affected. That says UNICEF, the UN organization dedicated to children, after a field visit.

'Children in Kazakh are doing terrible things,' said Tajudeen Oyewale, director of UNICEF in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Hundreds of children were injured and thousands separated from their family. There are reports about confinement, rape and even executions of children. 'This may not continue. ''

The violence in the boring Kazakh broke out last year after a traditional leader was killed in fighting with security forces. Due to the violence, health and education have become untouched. UNICEF provides as much emergency relief as possible and, where possible, provides healthcare, food, water and sanitation services and re-establishes education.

Leave a comment

The HOTRECENTNEWS.com is not responsible for the content of external sites.

SEARCH

Back to Top